14 Jan Sharpen Your Strategy Considering COVID-19: Payer Contracting Primer
(Presented at the MGMA Virtual Payer Conference Spring and Fall 2018, 2019, 2020, and others.)
This presentation focuses on defining a step-by-step process for building a successful payer contracting strategy. It includes guidance on identifying specific negotiation targets, evaluating proposals/methodologies, establishing targets, developing a value proposition and concludes with recommended go-forward strategies to integrate the contracting process into your core financial management strategy.
- Develop payer proposals.
- Create a practice value proposition.
- Devise a renegotiation strategy.
- Construct a plan to position your practice for future models.
Check out our MGMA Stats poll on value-based contracts: https://www.mgma.com/data/data-stories/most-practices-adding-value-based-contracts-but-in
- “Great, very helpful information and tools!”
- “Comprehensive ‘roadmap’ to value-based contracting….”
- “Excellent presenter and good information, current, informative, and useful examples.”
Attendee Take-Away: Value Proposition Template Tool