31 Mar Discover Your Leverage: A Value-Based Contracting Case Study
(Presented at the MGMA Financial Conference 2018, HFMA Annual Conference 2018 and others.)
This case study examines one practice’s journey in negotiating next-generation payer contracts. It provides attendees with easy-to-use guidance for creating a practice value proposition that can be used in payer negotiations, recruiting, alternative payment models and more.
- Identify steps necessary to create a practice value proposition.
- Define relevant tips and tricks to position your practice for successful negotiations.
- Prepare to tell your practice story and ask key questions during negotiation discussions with payers.
Check out our article, Preparing for Values-Based Payer Contracting: https://www.mgma.com/resources/revenue-cycle/preparing-for-value-based-payer-contracting
- “This session was awesome! The speakers were great and engaging and shared a lot of very important tips for the negotiation process. The fact that it’s something they’ve done together and can share gave me the confidence I needed to pursue contracting.”
- “Excellent. Great to have an administrator present as well. Love her summary page for payers. Thanks.”
- “I thought they presented very well.”
Attendee Take-Away: Payer Relationship Check List